.Mouth, insert foot...

So I signed up for the big Legend of Zelda Photoshoot that will be happening at Nan Desu Kan 2011, this September in Denver. Facebook link...to be found here. Since they're trying to encourage everyone be a unique costume, instead of multitudes of the SAME costume or character(or in the case of Link, same version of him), I decided to sign up as getting a Skyward Sword rendition together for the shoot. Moments later, after pondering that, as far as I know, no one else has done this version of the green clad Hero of Hyrule,(though I've seen some Twilight Princess Links that just flip their sword to go right hand, but that's not Skyward, that's just Wii Version Twilight Princess) and more so, as the facebook page notes, the plan is to not only have involvement from the biggest names in Zelda cosplay, but to also send the shoot's photos to Nintendo...

Yeah, I think I just shot myself in the foot. I'm now committing myself to being the first Skyward Sword Link costumer(again, far as I know), and to getting this costume to a degree that would be worthy of being forwarded to the Big N. Not only that, this is also involving some of the most talented and well known cosplayers in the fandom. Oh dear sweet Din, Farore and Nayru... I've got a hell of a lot of work to do. Some have been saying "don't worry, there's no one else then to compare to!" Yeah, exciting to possibly be the first, but also the fear is that *I* will be the one that further renditions are compared to, much like how PikminLink tends to be the cornerstone benchmark of Link cosplay, and unlike Pikmin, I don't have a lot of those resources she does for making this project happen, such as an in home workshop for making all the props. The hope is to get my old OoT Master Sword refurbished, get the paint stripped and redone, and to do spot repair to the small crack in one of the crossguard wings. The big problem now is getting the Hylian shield made, and getting a totally new costume made and ready before the first of September.

Now, I'm no slouch when it comes to my costumes. I get going on something, I get it done the best I can. And thankfully, even the in-game model of our hero shows all the seams on his attire, making this infinitely more possible to realize than previous depictions. When it comes to the fabric work, I'll probably be alright, and the gods know that at the very least, it will have a realism in the homemade style of the outfit. Also have some friends who do leather work who should be able to help me, but that still leaves the props. That shield is worrying me, and I have a sword to paint strip and repaint to look right.

Oh yeah, and at least 60 or more pounds of weight to lose...FAST.

So...yeah. Anyone see where my Triforce of Courage ran off to?
Post a Comment