Steve Jobs is Dead

The image is 512x342, the screen dimensions of the first Macintosh.
Obtained from http://mlkshk.com/p/80SV

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/06/steve_jobs_is_dead/

While I knew he had cancer it's still a surprise. I'd always figured the man too stubborn to die.

He helped to craft the world we live in and changed things time and again first with the Apple ][ then with the Mac, then again and again when he took control of Apple again.

He did not do these things alone, and I have issue with his managment style and some of his rhetoric over the years. However I will not begrudge the man his success.

Leave ye your partisanism aside please, for decency's sake.

I'm not an 'apple fanboy'. They've done things I disagree with. In the nineties they seemed... largely irrelevent and lackluster.

However they made the first computer I used. Ever. If it wasn't for them the Alphasmart never would have happened. Whole Generations of kids grew up learning about computing on Apple 2's. Here is what I would like to remember about him. Not the steve jobs parking method. Not his management style. I'd rather not speak ill of someone who helped create a company in a garage with his buddy and took it to having more money than the United States Government.

Has anyone anything they wish to say?



I leave with this quote.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently.

While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
Post a Comment