NaNoWriMo 2014 is Go!


Alright then. This is year eight for me on trying to write a novel in a month. It is scary. It's nerve wracking. I have made many mistakes along the way. However it is fun. At least I consider it fun.

This year is a first for me in that it's the first year I'm writing a sequel. Last year I wrote a novel with Engine Heart as the backdrop. That book focused on a community fleeing then fighting to survive in a world without people or the tasks each were programmed for. This year I hope to explore more of the world and show that this community and it's defacto leader isn't some sort of special snowflake, and that other clusters exist that manage to think past the day to day of survival.

We will see how it goes I guess. So far I'm 2000 words in. The trick isn't one exceptional day though. It's managing to consistently hit goal day after day until the job is done.

Eight years in and I still generally hate most of what I write. I expect that will never change. However if you can look past the cringe even the worst thing on paper is still on paper, which means it can be hammered and beaten into shape. It won't matter how good or bad your story is if it's not written down. Everything can be fixed in editing, and this is coming from a guy that hates to edit anything. To get to the point of finding the good from the bad you have to get it written down.

Won't matter if I like it or not. It's still you telling a story that you want to tell. To everyone else giving this November thing a go. I salute you.

posted from Bloggeroid

Post a Comment